Alergrhino LM® Tablet
Montelukast Sodium & Levocetirizine Hydrochloride Tablet
Alergrhino Tablets are a combination of anti-allergic drugs that are used to treat allergic symptoms like sneezing, runny nose, hay fever, allergy etc. It is a combination of Montelukast and Levocetirizine which is effective in the management of allergic symptoms. Montelukast sodium is a selective and orally active leukotriene receptor antagonist that inhibits the cysteinyl leukotriene (CysLT1 ) receptor. Levocetirizine is an orally active, potent, selective and long-acting H 1 -histamine receptor antagonist with no anticholinergic activity.
- FDA-approved indication for seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis symptoms.
- Highly selective leukotriene receptor antagonist
- Rapid onset and long duration of antihistaminic effect
Mode of action
Montelukast causes inhibition of airway cysteinyl leukotriene receptors as demonstrated by the ability to inhibit bronchoconstriction due to inhaled LTD 4 in asthmatics
Levocetirizine, the R-enantiomer of cetirizine, is a potent and selective antagonist of peripheral H1 receptors. Levocetirizine has an affinity 2-fold higher than that of cetirizine.
Directions for use
1 Tablet at bedtime after food or as directed by your physician
Alergrhino Tablet is indicated for relief of symptoms of allergic rhinitis (seasonal and perennial)
- This medicine may cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- Montelukast: Most common side effects were headache and abdominal pain
- Levocetirizine: Dry mouth, headache, tiredness and somnolence /drowsiness
Storage and safety information
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Montelukast may be used during pregnancy only if it is considered to be clearly essential.
- Levocetirizine has only limited clinical trials hence it may be used during pregnancy only if it’s necessary.