Cefcanize ® CV Tablet
Cefpodoxime & Potassium Clavulanate Tablets
Cefcanize CV Tablet is a combination of Cefpodoxime and Potassium Clavulanate used to treat bacterial infections, urinary tract infections, Pneumonia and other conditions. Potassium Clavulanate is a beta-lactamase inhibitor that reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Cefpodoxime Proxetil against bacteria. This drug is used to treat bacterial infections even if they have developed resistance.
Mode of action
Cefpodoxime exhibits bactericidal action by inhibition of cell wall synthesis. It is active against a wide spectrum of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. It has been shown to be active against most strains of both in vitro and in-clinical infections. Potassium Clavulanate is a beta-lactamase inhibitor. It works in decreasing the resistance and increasing the actions of Cefpodoxime Proxetil against the bacteria. Collectively, these two antibiotics help in fighting bacterial infections from the various parts of the body.
Directions for use
1 Tablet twice daily after food or as directed by your physician
- Acute otitis media
- Pharyngitis and/or tonsillitis
- Community-acquired pneumonia
- Acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis
- Uncomplicated skin and skin structure infection
- Acute maxillary sinusitis
- Uncomplicated urinary tract infections (cystitis)
Adverse events considered as possibly or probably related to cefpodoxime in single-dose
- Dizziness, headache, syncope.
- Abdominal pain
Storage and safety information
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not stop taking the medicine on your own even if you feel better, as it may make the bacterial infection come back quicker and then harder to treat.
- Cefcanize CV Tablet can be taken during pregnancy only if clearly needed.