Forulce® 20 Tablet
Rabeprazole Sodium Gastro-Resistant Tablet
Forulce Tablet contains Rabeprazole which is used to treat Peptic Ulcer, Duodenal Ulcer, NSAID Induced Gastritis, Dyspepsia, and Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It gives relief to the symptoms such as difficulty swallowing, heartburn, and persistent coughing. This medicine helps heal acid damage to the stomach and esophagus and helps prevent ulcers. Rabeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) that decreases the amount of acid produced by the stomach. Rabeprazole has 2- to 10-fold greater antisecretory activity than omeprazole. Rabeprazole appears to be a well-tolerated proton pump inhibitor with a rapid onset of action.
- Faster relief of symptoms
- Achieve optimal acid suppression from 1st dose
- Prevents relapse of heartburn frequency thereby improving quality of life
Mode of action
Rabeprazole belongs to a class of medications called proton pump inhibitors. It blocks the activity of the proton pumps in the stomach wall that produce acid, thereby reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach. Rabeprazole inhibits the H+, K+ATPase of the coating gastric cells and dose-dependent oppresses basal and stimulated gastric acid secretion.
Directions for use
1 Tablet once daily or as directed by your physician
- Peptic Ulcer
- Duodenal Ulcer
- NSAID Induced Gastritis
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
This medicine may cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- Abdominal pain
Storage and safety information
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- There is no data on the safety of rabeprazole in human pregnancy. It is not known whether rabeprazole sodium is excreted in human breast milk. No studies on lactating women have been performed. Rabeprazole sodium is however excreted in rat mammary secretions. Therefore, Rabeprazole must not be used during Pregnancy & breastfeeding.